Monday, March 1, 2010

Painting a Day "The Coastal Path"

I'm always inspired by a walk with nature. Springing forth from my imagination after exploring along the bluffs at Torrey Pines State Park, this painting adventure resulted in a real gem. I began working on this painting back in July of 2008, and it was one of those pieces that eluded completion. This painting would stare at me from the shelf each time I entered my studio, and somehow I didn't have the courage to complete it. That may sound strange if you're not an artist, but sometimes things just go that way. I was always afraid I would "mess it up." Well, anyway, it's finished...and I'm quite pleased. This piece is a whopping 18" x 24", which is large by typical pastel standards. It is offered here in a coordinating wood frame, ready to hang. Buy it Now price: $675. Note: This piece will not ship, available for local (San Diego) pick up or delivery only.
Updated 7/15/10: Sold...to a new local collector.

1 comment:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

scintillating describes your work.
I just love it!