Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Daily Painters "Six O'Clock Shadow"


Every so often I get a request to create something in a special size or a special choice of colors. This piece is a variation of a previous work titled "Five O'Clock Shadow." Carol W. of San Diego asked me to recreate this in a more orange/blue pallette to display between two horizontally oriented paintings she recently purchased from me. As always, there is never an obligation to purchase, so drop me a line if you have something special in mind.

Painted in soft pastel on sanded board, this piece measures 12" x 16" and is framed in coordinating dark wood, and protected with UV/Non-glare Museum Glass. It's ready to hang and enjoy. Buy it now price: $350.00 + $40 to ship anywhere in the continental U.S. Note: This is a pending commission sale. SOLD!

Copyright 2010 Monique Straub. All rights reserved.

2 comments:

Linda Roth said...

I love the sky--the swirls remind me of "Starry Night."
I notice you frame your paintings, what does your standard frame look like?

Monique Straub said...

L.W.,

My standard frame is approx. 2-1/2" wide with UV/Non-glare glass. With pastels, I prefer simple, no mat, dark wood. Thanks for asking :)