Friday, November 12, 2010

Daily Painters "Sunset Cove #3"

Working in a studio at Balboa Park, the middle of a vacation destination, makes this native San Diegan thankful for all that we enjoy here in "Americas Finest City." I often overhear tourists from the colder climates discussing our weather. It also amazes me every time someone speaks of seeing their first palm tree! Hmm...that's something I thought universal...guess not. The ocean is also high on the thrill list for some folks. So here's another reminder of why I love to call this place home.

Painted in soft pastel on sandpaper, this piece measures 12" x 12" and is framed in dark wood with UV/non-glare museum glass. Ready to hang and enjoy on those cold winter days!  Buy it now price: $295.00 + $30 to ship anywhere in the continental U.S. or Canada. Thanks for looking. Updated 11/13/10: Sold...to an avid collector as a gift for a friend.

Copyright 2010 Monique Straub. All rights reserved. 

1 comment:

Linda Roth said...

I like this one. Hits home. I love painting trees breaking up the landscape. I'm currently working on a painting of the woods behind myself.