Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Daily Painters - "Prickly Situation"

Every now and then, in my zeal to make my succulent garden look like a magazine cover, I encounter one of the bad boys of the territory. Mother Nature really had a sense of humor when she designed the cactus. These luscious, jewel-toned shapes translate into paddles of agony when the spring grasses decide to take residence within their tightly knit community. Stickers here...stickers there...stickers in my underwear!

This piece was "painstakingly" created "en plein air"...(that's outside on location :) Painted in soft pastel on sandpaper, it measures 9" x 12" and is offered framed in a wide/dark wood frame with UV/Non-glare museum glass, ready to hang and enjoy. Buy it now price: $250 + $30 to ship anywhere in the continental U.S. and Canada. Thanks for feeling my pain. Updated 1/14/11: Sold...to a new San Diego resident!

No comments: