Thursday, February 2, 2012

Daily Painters "Frida"

"Frida"
8" x 10"
Pastel on Sandpaper
Growing up as a "city kid" in San Diego, I was the talk of the block when my dad surprised me with a chicken for my 8th birthday. It was highly unusual back then for my friends to see chickens anywhere other than the supermarket cool case. "Frida" was quite a star. She was just a little yellow fuzz ball when my dad brought her home in a paper sack. She would patiently wait in her coop each day until I got home from school, then we would sit in the den and watch "I Love Lucy" and eat french fries together. When she was a grown girl, she would run down the sidewalk behind me as I rode my bike around the block. She laid eggs, rode on the back of my Boston bulldog, and was an all around sport in the neighborhood. Living to a ripe old age, she spent her final years in retirement with other chickens at a ranch in Spring Valley.

"Frida" is available framed in wide dark wood with UV/non-glare museum glass, ready to hang and enjoy. Give her a home $175 + $30 to ship anywhere in the continental US or Canada. Updated 2/3/12: Sold...and on her way to Ramona, CA!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE this painting. Actually, I just love your style of painting. congrats on the sale!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Monique,
I love that story and of course I love the painting.
What a cool daddy :D
How old can chickens get?