Tuesday, May 15, 2012

"Peds"

"Peds"
Soft Pastel on Sandpaper
16" x 20"
It's one of my favorite times of the year. I can remember back when I was about six years old, I experienced my first ride on the ferris wheel with my dad. It was June 30th, my birthday, and the beginning of a long standing tradition to spend my special day at the Del Mar Fair each year. Now known as the San Diego County Fair, I continue to look forward to visiting the milk cows, petting the goats, and eating everything from jumbo cinnamon rolls to chocolate covered bacon! Not to mention a stroll down the midway and into the Fine Art Show. I've entered one of my original pastels into the show for the past six years or so. "Peds" is my entry for this year. It was inspired by a trio of mopeds I saw parked in a gas station lot in Pt. Loma last summer. In one of those "Honey stop the car!" moments, I was able to jump out and snap a few photos for reference. The Del Mar Fair is open from Friday, June 8th through Wednesday, July 4th. Be sure to check out the art show if you go :)

Framed in wide dark wood with black mat and UV/non-glare museum glass. Ready to hang and enjoy. $550 + shipping (call for quote). Updated 5/18/12: Sold...to a collector in San Francisco, CA!