Tuesday, July 31, 2012

"Persimmon Persuasion"

"Persimmon Persuasion"
Pastel on Sandpaper, 12"x12"
© Monique Straub
"Could I interest you in some Persimmons my dear?" The sound of this deep but breezy, with a slight Italian accent, voice still dances through my mind. You never know who you'll meet or what you may find at some of our local farmers markets. "I use those for props," I replied, as I gathered a full basket of the beautifully polished orbs. He tipped his hat and gave me a slightly puzzled smile as I sized up the eggplants and peppers.

Framed in a plein air style wide black wood with thin gold liner and UV/non-glare museum glass, this piece is a true beauty. Buy it here and have it shipped or contact me for pick up at my Spanish Village studio. $295 + $35 to ship anywhere in the continental US or Canada. Updated 6/20/15: Sold!

No comments: