Saturday, July 14, 2012

"Watermelon Sky"

"Watermelon Sky"
Soft Pastel on Panel
12" x 16"
Traveling the back roads of the California wine country is always a treat for me. I love to look back through my vacation photos as a jump start for most of my paintings. This perfect little scene was on the exit road at a winery in Sonoma. Since I like to use bits and pieces of several scenes, the sky for this piece was taken from a spectacular sunrise the next morning near the same area. The title to this painting was born before it was painted. It just popped into my head upon seeing this brilliant pink sky.

"Watermelon Sky" is offered framed in wide dark brown wood with UV/non-glare museum glass, ready to hang and enjoy. Buy it here and have it shipped, or if you're local, save shipping and pick up at my studio in Balboa Park. $365 + $35 to ship anywhere in the continental US or Canada. Updated 8/10/12: Sold...to my top collector, thank you!

No comments: