Saturday, September 1, 2012

Mission San Carlos Borromeo de Carmelo

"Mission San Carlos Borromeo de Carmelo"
14" x 18"
Soft Pastel on Sandpaper

 
Being a native San Diegan, I've grown up surrounded by many historic sites, and early California history and architecture have always drawn my interest. While on a recent vacation, one of my stops along the "Mission Trail" was this beautiful mission in Carmel. Built in 1771, and named for Charles Borromeo, Archbishop of Milan, Italy, the "Carmel Mission" is one of the 21 Franciscan missions in Alta California, along an early horse and mule road known as "El Camino Real."  One of my first projects since moving into my new studio will be to visit and paint each of these beautiful sites. Yes, it may take me a while, but the journey will be fun and relaxing.

Framed in wide, dark wood with thin gold liner and UV/non-glare museum glass, this piece is ready to hang and enjoy. Buy it here and have it shipped, or email me to arrange pick-up at my new studio at NTC Liberty Station and I'll refund the shipping. $495 + $40 to ship anywhere in the continental US or Canada. Updated 9/1/12: Sold...to my top San Diego collector...thank you :)

No comments: