Thursday, March 19, 2015

Los Penasquitos Preserve


"Los Penasquitos Preserve"
12" x 16" Pastel on Sandpaper
© Monique Straub
A short burst of rain in the San Diego area has given me lots of ideas to work with. Our sky is usually "severe clear" with not a cloud in sight. A trip up the coast near Del Mar was just the inspiration I needed to capture fleeting clouds and the beautiful greens and oranges of the Los Penasquitos Preserve, with Hwy.1 and Torrey Pines State Park in the distance. Each year I receive an invitation to paint at the Torrey Pines Plein Air event, but wind, fog and rain have made me think twice. Maybe 2015 is my year!

"Los Penasquitos Preserve" is offered framed in a wide, dark brown, plein air style frame with UV/non-glare museum glass. Ready to hang and enjoy. $365 + $35 to ship anywhere in the continental US or Canada, or pick up at my Spanish Village studio and I'll refund the shipping.
Updated 4/27/15: Sold!

1 comment:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

beautiful, as usual, Monique.
Our New England sky usually begins, clear and turns into severe clouds :D
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!