Monday, January 21, 2013

"Pink all Over"

"Pink all Over"
9" x 12" Pastel on Sandpaper
© Monique Straub
 
I glanced out on the patio table this morning to find that my "Christmas" cactus had exploded into bloom. This cute little potted cactus has been in my family for over thirty-five years (that I can remember). It originally hung in the patio of my grandmas house, then it was passed on to my mother, and now it holds court on my back patio table, center stage. As I recall from childhood, grandma called it a Christmas cactus because it bloomed during the holiday season. I think with all the strange weather we've had here in San Diego lately, my little cactus is confused!

"Pink all Over" is framed in a wide, gold, plein air style frame with UV/non-glare museum glass.  Ready to ship to your door, or I'll refund shipping if you pick it up at my Pt. Loma studio. $225 + $30 to ship anywhere in the continental US or Canada. Thanks for looking :)