Saturday, September 28, 2013

"Coastal Walk - Carmel"

 
"Coastal Walk - Carmel"
24" x 24" each, Oil on Canvas
© Monique Straub
 
My husband and I take a yearly trek to the Monterey, California area each August for "Historic Car Week." It's a fun filled week of everything vintage auto. One of my goals this year was to take photos of the vintage cars on the track, in the pits, and at the various car shows for studio painting projects. It is always fun to mix it up a little and paint a few cars and rusty old trucks amongst the landscape and botanical works that usually occupy my focus. Well, I took the photos, but just couldn't resist the beautiful scenery along the coast in Carmel. This scene was one of those "Honey stop the car!" moments. Taken along the road just behind the Carmel Mission, it was truly a painters paradise. The car and truck paintings are coming along...I promise :)

This panoramic scene has been painted in oil across two canvases, sides painted black, no framing necessary, ready to hang and enjoy! You may purchase "Coastal Walk - Carmel" here and have it shipped to your door, or purchase here and pick up at my studio/gallery at Liberty Station, Pt. Loma, and I will refund the shipping. $1050 + $40 to ship anywhere in the continental US or Canada. Updated 12/1/13: Sold...to a local collector...thank you!

No comments: