Sunday, November 3, 2013

"Suns in the Garden"

"Suns in the Garden"
24" x 24" Oil on Gallery Wrapped Canvas
© Monique Straub
 
"Suns in the Garden" was painted from a favorite photo of mine. I've painted several versions of this in pastel, and thought it time to try it in oil...big! Fall is winding down, the sunflower blooms are fading, and the vase in my studio will soon be filled with pine and holly. Seems like this year has just flown by. Already I am tasked with the planning of shows and festivals for the coming year, and also my own personal goal setting. Do you set goals for the year ahead? For me, having a written list of goals to ponder throughout the year is akin to the old story of the donkey with the stick tied to his back, carrot dangling just out of easy grasp. Notice I say "easy" grasp. I tell myself, "The goals must be an uncomfortable stretch. Too easy = Not enough progress." Now back to the studio...

"Suns in the Garden" is painted on 1-1/2" depth canvas with sides painted black, ready to hang and enjoy. You may purchase here and have it shipped to your door, or purchase here and pick up at my studio/gallery at Liberty Station, Pt. Loma, and I will refund the shipping. $595 + $40 to ship anywhere in the continental US or Canada. Updated 8/17/14: Sold...at ArtWalk NTC!

No comments: