Monday, January 20, 2014

"The Quiet Place"

"The Quiet Place"
24" x 36" Oil on Canvas
© Monique Straub
While recently thumbing through my photos for inspiration, I happened on a scene that instantly transported me to such an enjoyable place. A few years ago, on a whim, I applied for a scholarship through the Pastel Society of America, and was fortunate to be one of ten to be selected. The instruction in studio and plein air pastel painting took place at the Scottsdale Artist School in Scottsdale, Arizona. Each morning we would begin our day at the studio preparing our panels and watching a fast demo by instructor Susan Ogilvie. Then it was off to the Sonoran Desert to take in the wide open spaces. On this particular day, we ventured down a long winding dirt path, far from the main road. A beautiful stand of twisted trunk trees was the prize.

With Valentine's Day just around the corner, the dusty pinks paid a visit to my palette. "The Quiet Place" is offered unframed, painted on 1-1/2" depth gallery wrapped canvas, sides painted black, ready to hang and enjoy. You may purchase here and have it shipped to your door, or purchase here and pick up at my studio/gallery at Liberty Station, Pt. Loma, and I will refund the shipping. $1295 + $40 to ship anywhere in the continental US or Canada. Updated 3/8/14: Sold...to a local collector!

No comments: