Sunday, June 8, 2014

My newest work ... "Cactus Crazy"

"Cactus Crazy"
24" x 36" Oil on Canvas
© Monique Straub
Yes, it has gone crazy. The quest for cactus here in San Diego County has reached a fever pitch. On a recent visit to the San Diego County Fair horticultural exhibit, it was very clear that succulents and cactus have taken the spotlight in the landscape and garden community. Entire exhibits dedicated to waterwise and drought tolerant plants were the focus, and the local green thumbs are at the top of their game. I never knew cactus and succulents could be so beautifully arranged. I guess the unfortunate side of the water shortage here in Southern California has brought about an artful change to our garden palettes, and I love it!

"Cactus Crazy" is painted on 1-1/2" thick gallery wrapped canvas. The sides are painted black and it is ready to hang, unframed. You may purchase here and have it shipped to our door, or purchase here and pick up at my studio/gallery at Liberty Station, Pt. Loma, and I will refund the shipping. $1295 + $40 to ship anywhere in the continental U.S. or Canada. Updated 11/23/14: Sold!

No comments: