Tuesday, May 19, 2015

"Torrey Dance"

"Torrey Dance"
12" x 16" Pastel on Sandpaper
© Monique Straub
I'm revisiting on of my favorite images from Torrey Pines State Park today. The fun and playful shapes of the trees just keep me coming back. I'm often asked if I do my work in a larger format than most of the pastel pieces I offer in 12" x 16" and 14" x 18", and the answer is yes, if you would like to have it framed on your own. Since I do all of my own framing, once the size is larger than this, the glass and wood frames get too heavy for my grumpy back to handle. In addition to the option of pastel, I also paint in oil on canvas in the same style, and this offers a better way to get something large for that special place.

"Torrey Dance" is offered framed in a wide, dark brown, plein air style frame with UV/non-glare museum glass, ready to hang and enjoy. $365 + $35 to ship anywhere in the continental US, or you can pick it up at my studio in Spanish Village, Balboa Park, and I'll refund the shipping fee.
Updated 6/21/15: Sold!

No comments: