Monday, November 9, 2015

A Walk in Balboa Park

"A Walk in Balboa Park"
12" x 16" Pastel on Sandpaper
© Monique Straub
Working at my studio in beautiful Balboa Park definitely has its perks. Each morning when I arrive at the park, I take my morning walk down the Prado to fetch my coffee, and on the return trip I always try to take a different scenic route. One of my favorite areas is found along Presidents Way, behind the gymnasium building. The brilliant green of the grass with the long shadows of the trees is a "pattern play" that always catches my attention, and depending on the time of year, the colors are pretty spectacular!

"A Walk in Balboa Park" is framed in a wide, dark brown, plein air style frame with UV glass. Ready to hang and enjoy. You may purchase here and have it shipped to your door, or purchase here and pick up at my studio in Spanish Village, Balboa Park and I will refund the shipping fee. $365 + $35 to ship anywhere in the continental U.S.or Canada. Updated 11/16/15: Sold!

No comments: