Saturday, February 4, 2012

Daily Painters "Windswept"

"Windswept"
12" x 16"
Soft Pastel on Sandpaper
Poppies blowing in the wind always bring me to a peaceful place. They bring back memories of the six foot tall oriental poppy plants swaying in the breeze in my grandmas front yard. They were supported by the white picket fence that ran along the front of her yard. Each spring I would assist in pressing the tiny black seeds into the ground along the fenceline, knowing that late fall would bring the sway of the brightly colored, towering blooms. I still remember the thrill of getting close enough to the blooms to feel the wind on my cheeks that was generated by the wings of the black and yellow bumble bees, just close enough, but safely away from the possiblity of a sting.

"Windswept" is offered framed in wide dark wood with UV/non-glare museum glass, ready to hang and enjoy. Buy it here and have it shipped $375.00 + $35 to ship anywhere in the continental US or Canada.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Wonderful painting! I like your style!

mrgreenjeans said...

GREAT colors, style and subject matter are cool....Thanks and BEST wishes on the competiton.