Saturday, June 9, 2018

"Lofty"

"Lofty"
12" x 24" Oil on Canvas
© Monique Straub
The flutter of palm fronds means just one thing here in sunny San Diego...summer is here! I'm ready for the smell of bbq, coconut oil, and the beach. Tourists are everywhere already, and it reminds me of a funny story. Back when I had a studio in Balboa Park at Spanish Village, the folks from the midwest would come into my studio remarking about the palm trees. It seemed so funny to me to think that there are folks that have only seen a palm tree in the movies. They're like weeds here :)

"Lofty" is painted in the cheery colors of Summer, on gallery wrapped canvas, sides painted black, ready to hang and enjoy. You can purchase here and have it delivered to your door. $385 with free shipping anywhere in the continental U.S.



No comments: