Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Daily Painters "Paddle Play"

I'm back to the Nopales...cactus that is...and the winter rains have washed their paddles to a bright shine. Little weed heads dancing in the wind, begging for my attention, and sure to lead to prickled fingers. I'll let them dance for another day...

I began counting my creations as a New Year challenge, this is painting #20. I'm often asked if I really paint an entire painting each day. The answer is no...but I do go to my studio and paint for four to six hours every day, and sometimes a few at a time spring forth. My computer/paperwork is done in a few early morning hours around 5:00 a.m., and most of my framing/shipping is done in the evenings, after dinner, at my home studio.

This piece is painted in soft pastel on sandpaper and measures 12" x 16". Framed in wide, dark wood with UV/Non-glare museum glass, it is ready to hang and enjoy. Buy it now: $365 + $40 to ship anywhere in the continental U.S. or Canada. Thanks for looking :) Updated 9/8/11: Sold!

1 comment:

Delilah said...

Love this painting