Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Daily Painters "Succulent Sunrise"

Yes, the sky this morning was almost on fire. It was the first crystal clear sunrise of the week, and I found myself out in the chilly morning air snapping photos in the succulent garden. My usual time in the garden would have the light high overhead, but the backlighting of the sunrise was spectacular, so I thought I would share.

On New Year's Day this year, I decided I would begin numbering my paintings as a fun way to chart my progress...got a little busy and forgot for a while, so now I'm back at it.

Painting #18 of the year, is painted in soft pastel on sandpaper, this piece measures 12" x 16" and is framed in wide, dark wood with UV/Non-glare museum glass. Ready to hang and enjoy, or the perfect gift in your Easter basket! Buy it now price $365 + $40 to ship anywhere in the continental U.S. or Canada. Updated 4/16/11: Sold...to one of my top collectors...thank you!

1 comment:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

stunning color harmonies, Monique!!
I love everything you do!!!