Friday, June 24, 2011

Daily Painters "Summer Faces #3"


Hot off the easel, this piece was a request from a family I met at the La Jolla Festival of the Arts. Painted as a companion piece to Summer Faces #1 and #2, they plan on hanging all three pieces together instead of using just one large painting. Hopefully I can post a photo of the finished installation.

I've received several requests for large pastel paintings (24" x 36" and larger), but I've been suggesting the use of two or three framed pieces together to achieve the "grand" effect. I'm finding that I am physically unable to wrestle these jumbo pieces around, since glass and frame of that size can get pretty heavy, and pieces of this size are also difficult to transport and display at outdoor shows.

Typical sizes I offer are: 8" x 8", 12" x 12", 12" x 16", 11" x 17", 14" x 18", 16" x 20", and 18" x 24".
As always, I invite your comments and suggestions.

No comments: