Tuesday, June 21, 2011

"Perch of Wisdom and Good Humor"

Whew...it's taken an entire day to recover from my weekend at the La Jolla Festival of the Arts. Pictured above is my "Perch of Wisdom and Good Humor."  I'm jokingly calling it that, since I've never answered so many unique questions about my art. Questions from other artists, casual observers, art critics, and eager collectors had me on my toes all weekend. I figured it would be fun to share a few of the more creative comments here: 

  • "Look Johnny, these are just like your cray pas drawings on the refrigerator at home..."
  • "If these are like chalk, why don't they smear?" (as she vigorously rubbed her hands over the glass)
  • "Aren't these toxic...did you take vaccinations to work with pastels?"
  • "I've never hear the first name M., what nationality is that?" (referring to my signature M. Straub)
  • "These paintings are great...are you a little...you know...?
  • "I love them...I'll take three!" (and this was my favorite :)
So you see, the life of an artist isn't always solitary and boring. You never know what may be coming next.

I would like to sincerely thank those of you that subscribe to my blog or have come into the studio, for stopping by my booth to meet me in person and say hello. It was a great weekend, and I look forward to doing it again next year.

1 comment:

Nika said...

Great comments! I like the "These paintings are great...are you a little...you know...?" best! You have a very unique style. I immediately thought of Van Gogh when I saw them but they have their own lively spirit and flavor! Fantastic!!