Friday, August 5, 2011

Daily Painters "Sundance"

Flower heads swinging in the warm summer breeze, it's back to the sunflower forest. I painted indoors at my Spanish Village studio today, but with the wide open doors, a pesty bee made an entrance, hummed around my head while I tried to work, and finally landed in the middle of my painting! I must have scared him while trying to shoo him away, since he left his mark on my work. I just can't seem to escape the critics... 

Painted in soft pastel on sandpaper, this piece measures 12" x 16" and is framed in wide dark wood with UV/non-glare museum glass. (Non visible bee enhancement no extra charge) Buy it now $365 + $30 to ship anywhere in the continental U.S. and Canada. Updated 8/8/11: Sold...and on its way to Poughkeepsie, NY!

2 comments:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

what...no bee tracks?? but seriously, your color harmony is eye poppin' and I never ever get tired of your beautiful paintings!

Monique Straub said...

Thank you Mary :)