Tuesday, September 18, 2012

"Prince of Primer"

"Prince of Primer"
12" x 12"
Soft Pastel on Sandpaper

 
I'm often asked if I only paint landscapes and flowers...and the answer is no. It seems that in the summer months the landscape is just so pretty that I can't resist. So over the next few weeks, I will hopefully carve out enough time to add a little variety to the mix. Over the years I've painted old rusty trucks, donkeys, mopeds, produce, cats, lighthouses, local landmarks, roses, day of the dead figures, California missions, and the list goes on. I always love a challenge, and enjoy commission requests.

Today's painting is based on a photo I took while driving to the studio one morning. I'm always on the lookout for interesting subject matter, and I really think this old truck winked at me as I drove past. A quick U-turn and the rest is spelled out right here. Framed in a wide, dark brown wood frame with gold liner and UV/non-glare museum glass. Ready to hang and enjoy. Buy it here and have it shipped, or email me to pick up at my Pt. Loma studio and I will refund the shipping fee. $295 + $30 to ship anywhere in the continental US or Canada.




No comments: