Sunday, December 16, 2012

"Call me Lily"

"Call me Lily"
9" x 12" Pastel on Board
© Monique Straub
 
So much of what I enjoy about painting florals is the memory attached to the particular flowers. Lilies were planted in every nook and shady corner of my grandmas yard. As a kid, I would forage around under their glossy green leaves hunting for snails. Yup...I was a tomboy, and these snail hunts would always delight my green thumb granny. It was on one of these "hunts" that I discovered the beautiful scent of the creamy white powder that forms on the yellow centers of the flowers. I would rub the fragrant powder behind my ears like perfume. Mmm...I can still smell it..!

"Call me Lily" is offered framed in a wide, gold, plein air style frame with UV/non-glare museum glass. Ready to hang and enjoy. You may purchase here and have it shipped to your door, or purchase here and pick up at my Pt. Loma/Liberty Station studio and I will refund the shipping. $225 + $30 to ship anywhere in the continental US or Canada. Updated 2/7/14: Sold...to a new local collector!

No comments: