Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Ocean Boulevard

"Ocean Boulevard"
14" x 18" Pastel on Sandpaper
© Monique Straub
My yearly trek to Carmel, California always serves to recharge my creative battery. A week in the ocean air, surrounded by some of the finest scenery in the world for inspiration, results in ideas galore. This is the scene facing west down the main street in this beautiful coastal art mecca. With more art galleries per capita than any other location in the country, it's not surprising that this is a magnet to plein air artists. Being the sissy that I am...I settled on going wild with my camera, and returning to the comfort of my studio to express my joy!

"Ocean Boulevard" is offered framed in a wide, dark brown, plein air style frame with antique gold liner and UV/non-glare museum glass. Ready to hang and enjoy. You may purchase here and have it shipped to your door, or purchase here and pick up at my Pt. Loma/Liberty Station studio and I will refund the shipping. $525 + $35 to ship anywhere in the continental US or Canada. Updated 2/2/13: Sold...and on its way to League City, Texas!

No comments: