Friday, February 8, 2013

"Torrey Bloom"

"Torrey Bloom"
Pastel on Sandpaper 11" x 14"
© Monique Straub
 
My thoughts are on the scenic views of Torrey Pines State Park today. While pondering the upcoming plein air painting competition at this historic site, I'm enjoying a quick browse through my giant photo inspiration box. Winter in San Diego offers wonderful opportunities to experiment with a few of the lesser used colors in my pastel collection, and the beautiful underblanket of dried pine needles, blooming weeds, and dried grasses at Torrey Pines presents a mosaic of ideas.

"Torrey Bloom" is offered framed in a wide, dark brown wood, plein air style frame with UV/non-glare museum glass. Ready to hang and enjoy. Buy it here and have it shipped, or buy it here and pick up at my Liberty Station studio and I will refund the shipping. $295 + $30 to ship anywhere in the continental US or Canada. Updated 2/12/13: Sold...to a collector in League City, Texas :)

No comments: