Sunday, February 17, 2013

"A Burst of Spring"

"A Burst of Spring"
12" x 12" Oil on Canvas
© Monique Straub
 
I spotted fresh Tulips at Trader Joe's last week and it prompted me to dig through my floral photos for this cute little still life arrangement.  I painted this in pastel last spring, and with art show season fast on the horizon, I'm breaking out the oil paint and revisiting a few of my past favorites done in pastel. I'm often asked where I get my inspirational photos, and this one is a perfect example of "I'm glad I have an iPhone!" This vase of tulips was sitting on the desk of a neighboring goldsmith, and just begging to be painted. I'm heading out to the local "doggie parade" in the park for a little four legged inspiration a bit later today.

This piece is painted in oil on stretched 3/4" thick canvas, with sides painted black. It is offered unframed. Buy it here and have it shipped to your door, or buy it here and pick up at my Pt. Loma studio and I'll refund the shipping. $250 + $15 to ship anywhere in the continental US or Canada. Updated 4/27/13: Sold!

No comments: