Sunday, March 3, 2013

"Along the Wash"

"Along the Wash"
20" x 20"
Oil on Canvas
 
Mmm...I love the smell of oil paint. It takes me back to the 60's, when my mom would sit and paint everything from Eucalyptus trees to kittens, using her tiny little brush and multitude of little oil paint pots from her paint by numbers kits. Remember those? The smell of the oil paint is what I remember best. I still have the pair of light blue kittens she painted for my room when I was six.

Well, here is another example of my transition from pastel to oil painting. Fun, but much messier than pastels for me! "Along the Wash" painted on 3/4" stretched canvas, is offered unframed. Buy it here and have it shipped to your door, or buy it here and pick up at my Pt. Loma studio and I'll refund the shipping cost. $325 + $25 to ship anywhere in the continental US or Canada.



No comments: