Wednesday, April 10, 2013

"Wine on the Vine"

"Wine on the Vine"
12" x 16" Pastel on Sandpaper
© Monique Straub
 
I'm often asked where I get the inspiration for my paintings. As a native San Diegan, I feel very fortunate to have so many sources of inspiration all around me. From the mountains to the ocean, Southern California is an artists dream. Many of my pieces take inspiration from my own back yard, and every day scenes often stop me in my tracks, but the vineyards of the wine country are one of my favorite subjects. The crisp, clear air of Northern California makes everything seem so much more vivid and alive.

"Wine on the Vine" is offered framed in a wide, dark brown, plein air style frame with UV/non-glare museum glass. You can purchase here and have it shipped to your door, or purchase here and pick up at my Pt. Loma studio and I'll refund the shipping. $365 + $35 to ship anywhere in the continental US or Canada. Thanks for stopping by :) Updated 3/4/14: Sold!

No comments: