Thursday, April 18, 2013

"Twilight Poppies"

"Twilight Poppies"
12" x 12" Oil on Canvas
© Monique Straub
 
Yup...more poppies, but this time instead of soft pastel, they're painted in oil on canvas. It has been a fun transition from the "dusty fingered" work of pastel, to the "I have paint on everything" world of painting in oil. And just when I thought I was getting away from having to frame my work, I found these too cool gold crackle float frames (say that ten times fast), and I have my new favorite combo! I'll be debuting six of these new pieces at the Mission Federal ArtWalk in Little Italy, April 27 & 28, from 10am-6pm. I'll be located at the corner of India and Cedar Streets, next to Indigo Grill.

If you just can't wait...this piece is available here, and you can have it shipped to your door, or pick up at my Liberty Station studio and I'll refund the shipping. $275 + $30 to ship anywhere in the continental US or Canada. Hope to see you soon :) Updated 3/18/14: Sold!

No comments: