Sunday, May 12, 2013

"California Coastal"

"California Coastal"
12" x 12" Pastel on Sandpaper
© Monique Straub
 
My inspiration today looks forward to an upcoming trip to the Carmel/Monterey Bay area. Each summer my husband and I spend a week in Carmel during "Monterey Car Week." It's a fun filled week of auto shows, auto rallies, and historic auto racing. I've always been a car girl, and really enjoy these events, but an artist in Carmel? Yup, he's at the track and I'm in the galleries and studios mingling with fellow artists. It's my once a year opportunity to actually smell the oil on a Ken Auster painting, and visit the works of some of my favorite artists. The scenery is spectacular, and I always return with lots of sketches and photos. This scene of "California Coastal" is located along the Pt. Lobos trail, looking north toward Carmel. Craggy rocks, interesting trees and color streaked skies are everywhere!

Offered in a wide, brown, plein air style frame with gold liner and UV/non-glare museum glass, this piece is ready to hang and enjoy. Buy it here and have it shipped to your door, or buy it here and pick up at my Liberty Station studio and I'll refund the shipping fee. $295 + $30 to ship anywhere in the continental US or Canada. Updated 5/13/13: Sold...and on its way to Alberta, Canada!

No comments: