Wednesday, June 5, 2013

"An Apple a Day" and "Friday Night Liberty"

"An Apple a Day"
12" x 12" Oil on Canvas
© Monique Straub
 
Yes...another oil painting. I'm having fun with the transition from the "dusty fingered" work of pastel, to the "Now I have to mix all the colors" world of painting in oil. I also found the perfect gold crackle float frames (say that ten times fast), and I have my new favorite combo! I'll have six of these new pieces on display this Friday for "Friday Night Liberty."

And speaking of "Friday Night Liberty"... it all happens this Friday, June 7th, from 5-9pm at NTC Liberty Station. You are invited to browse open art and design studios, quilt and watercolor galleries, and yes... the new Stone Brewing Restaurant is now open! It's a really fun night, with plenty of food, drink and music. Stop by my studio in Barracks 19 and take a peek at what's new.

If you just can't wait...this piece is available here, and you can have it shipped to your door, or pick up at the studio and I'll refund the shipping. $275 + $30 to ship anywhere in the continental US or Canada. Hope to see you soon :) Updated 10/6/13: Sold...to a new local collector!

No comments: