Friday, July 12, 2013

"California Coastal #2"

"California Coastal #2"
12" x 12" Framed Oil on Canvas
© Monique Straub
 
In my studio I have a big box of vacation photos that serve as inspiration for my paintings. This scene is one of my favorites and I have painted it several times in pastel in various sizes and color palettes, and now here in oil. While sitting at the keyboard today, it dawned on me, I've forgotten exactly where this photo was taken. I'm thinking Torrey Pines, but hubby says there are no rocks in the water at Torrey Pines?? Well, since I've never been to the ocean on the East Coast, I do know that this is somewhere in Southern California. Now the search is on...I'm going to find this tree again...or it's going to bug me forever!

"California Coastal" is offered framed in a gold crackle finish float frame, and available here. You can have it shipped to your door, or pick up at my studio in Pt. Loma and I'll refund the shipping. $275 + $30 to ship anywhere in the continental US or Canada. Thanks for stopping by :) Updated 8/25/13: Sold to a new collector at ArtWalk!

No comments: