Tuesday, October 20, 2015

"Plum Crazy"

"Plum Crazy"
18" x 24" Oil on Canvas
© Monique Straub

I would like to give a big thank you to all of the collectors and Facebook friends that stopped by my booth at the La Jolla Art & Wine Festival. I'm so happy to get a chance to meet many of you in person for the first time. Having completed all of my art festival shows for the year, I'm now settled into the studio for winter and creating new works for next season. I'll post them here as they are completed, and as always, if you're local to San Diego and see something you love, drop me an email and I'll make sure to have it on display in my Spanish Village studio for you.

"Plum Crazy" is a "revisit" to a favorite photo of mine that I've done in pastel before, and I decided to give it a go in oil on canvas. I get into such a habit of painting mainly landscape works, the occasional still life painting is a fun challenge. It is offered ready to hang and enjoy on 1-1/2" gallery wrapped canvas, sides painted black. You may purchase here and have it shipped to your door, or purchase here and pick up at my studio/gallery at Art on 30th in North Park, and I will refund the shipping. $425 + $40 to ship anywhere in the continental US or Canada. Updated 6/30/16: Sold to a new collector in San Diego!

No comments: