Monday, December 14, 2015

"Lillies of Winter"

"Lillies of Winter"
12" x 16" Pastel on Sandpaper
© Monique Straub
The cold and blustry winds of winter in San Diego have finally arrived, and with them, the winter foliage. As a kid, I remember spending these days in my grandmas garden, raking the fallen leaves to reveal the moist, dark brown earth. One of my favorite areas of the garden was the Calla Lily patch that surrounded the front porch. Being an inquisitive little kid, I would investigate each of the blooms, and sometimes find a bee down deep inside, working away. Grandma taught me to be on the lookout for the pesty snails that would snack on the leaves, and I was rewarded a nickel for each offender I collected. Oh, to be a kid again :)

"Lillies of Winter" is framed in a wide, dark brown, plein air style frame, with glass, ready to hang and enjoy. You may purchase here and pick up at my studio at Art on 30th in North Park and I will refund the shipping fee. $375 + $40 to ship anywhere in the continental U.S. or Canada. Updated 6/18/16: Sold...at Art on 30th Open Studios!

No comments: