Saturday, January 28, 2017

"Another Road Trip"

"Another Road Trip"
36" x 36" Oil on Canvas
© Monique Straub
Something a little different rolled off the brushes this week. I've been painting steadily for my upcoming show at the Indian Wells Art Festival, and palm trees have been center stage. Not sure where this came from, but I like it :) I generally start my morning painting sessions by pouring through a big box of photos I've taken over the years. Some still excite me, and some not so much. This photo reference was taken on the way home to San Diego from Las Vegas. I've painted it in soft pastel once, and in oil twice, each time a different color palette and flavor shows through. This is my favorite version to date.

"Another Road Trip" is painted in oil on gallery wrapped canvas, sides painted black, offered ready to hang and enjoy. $1800 + $40 to ship anywhere in the continental U.S. Purchase here and have it shipped to your door, or purchase here and pick up at my North Park studio and I will refund the shipping fee. Updated: Sold!

No comments: