Sunday, January 8, 2017

"Borrego Bliss"

"Borrego Bliss"
36" X 36" Oil on Canvas
© Monique Straub
The first painting of the New Year is always a joy to complete. Part of my current "Desert Palm" series, "Borrego Bliss" was painted from a photograph that I took last summer while enjoying a hike in the warmth of the desert sun. This row of stately palms is sporting the down-to-the-ground skirts that make them truly special to me. The rustling of the dried skirts in the wind is akin to the lapping of ocean waves on the sand...very peaceful. I'm planning another trip to the California desert soon, and hope to add more images for my upcoming show at the Indian Wells Art Festival this March.

"Borrego Bliss" is painted in oil on gallery wrapped canvas, sides painted black, offered here ready to hang and enjoy. Updated 3/18/17: Sold!   Thank you Adelman Fine Art!

No comments: