Thursday, May 11, 2017

Indian Canyon

"Indian Canyon"
30" x 48" Oil on Canvas
© Monique Straub
With my dream of eventually retiring to Palm Desert here in California, frequent trips to this desert oasis are a constant inspiration in the studio. I fondly remember family vacations to this desert paradise with my parents in the mid 60's, and hikes up the palm studded canyons in the early spring. My mom always dreamed of living in the posh residential enclave of "Thunderbird," a gated mid-century residential compound, and home to the stars back in the day. I've since checked out the real estate market in that area, and would love to make moms goal a reality in my own lifetime! Funky-cool homes with floor to ceiling glass, flat roof, and breeze block walls are just my cup of tea!

"Indian Canyon" is painted in oil on 1-1/2" gallery wrapped canvas, sides painted black, ready to hang and enjoy. As always, the paintings are always more beautiful in person! Updated 6/3/17: Sold!...thank you Adelman Fine Art :)

No comments: