Monday, September 25, 2017

September Shadows

"September Shadows"
36" x 36" Oil on Canvas
© Monique Straub
Hiking through the back country of San Diego is always a sure bet to inspire a new painting. Many of you have visited my North Park studio, and know first hand how I begin each of my paintings from a photo I have taken. These photos are mainly a "jumping off point" and provide basic composition. From that point, the fun begins! Color is what it's all about for me. Yes, I could spend hours upon hours rendering a photo perfect scene, then paint it with all the exact colors...but what fun would that be?

"September Shadows" is painted in the vivid colors of my imagination, on 1-1/2" depth gallery wrapped canvas, sides painted black, ready to hang and enjoy. You can purchase here and have it delivered to your door, or purchase here and pick up at my North Park studio. $1800 with free shipping anywhere in the continental U.S.



No comments: