Monday, March 7, 2016

"California Color Burst"

"California Color Burst"
12" x 16" Pastel on Sandpaper
© Monique Straub
With Spring on the near horizon, the hillsides are alive with color! Brightly colored native scrub, and new growth from the recent rains have greens all aglow, and flowers making their appearance. I love to pump up the volume and give my pastel box a workout this time of year. This is another of my Central California back road scenes, and one I have done before in a different color palette.

"California Color Burst" is painted in soft pastel on sandpaper, offered framed in a wide, dark brown wood, plein air style frame, ready to hang and enjoy. You may purchase here and have it shipped to your door, or purchase here and pick it up at my studio/gallery on 30th Street in North Park, and I will refund the shipping. $375 + $40 to ship anywhere in the continental U.S. or Canada. Updated 5/1/16: Sold...to a new collector at Mission Federal ArtWalk :)

No comments: