Tuesday, August 14, 2012

"Along Van Ness" by Monique Straub

Along Van Ness
Soft Pastel on Sandpaper
8" x 8"
Not being a regular painter of cityscapes, this little "challenge" piece was just the right change of pace for today. California city streets, with all of their hills and jumble of interesting buildings, offer a lot of fun angles and shapes. I had to laugh at myself after I painted this, and it got me thinking. Just last year while looking at my paintings on display at the Mission Federal ArtWalk, an old friend of mine proclaimed, "This is only semi-serious work." Hmmm...so half serious...half goofy? Well, I guess I'm just a jokester at heart, and see life as too short to be serious :) I think I'll try to paint something deep, gray, and malicious...not!

"Along Van Ness" is offered framed in a wide black, plein air style frame with a thin gold liner and UV/non-glare museum glass. Purchase here and have it shipped, or contact me for pick up at my Spanish Village studio and I'll refund the shipping fee.  $175 + $30 to ship anywhere in the continental US or Canada. Updated 8/15/12: Sold...to my top collector here in San Diego...thank you!

No comments: