Wednesday, July 10, 2013

"Forest Path"

"Forest Path"
12" x 12" Framed Oil on Canvas
© Monique Straub
 
Still having fun with the oil paints. This is another scene I've also painted in pastel. I still find that mixing the colors in oil is so much more of an interupption than when painting in pastel, but I'm now starting out each piece by doing all the color mixing before I start to paint. It's easier to work out and doesn't mess with my flow :) I'm still working with a limited palette, but now I know why some oil painters work with 10-15 colors to begin with!

"Forest Path" is offered framed in a gold crackle finish float frame, and available here. You can have it shipped to your door, or pick up at my studio in Pt. Loma and I'll refund the shipping. $275 + $30 to ship anywhere in the continental US or Canada. Hope to see you soon. Updated 3/19/14: Sold!

No comments: