Thursday, November 21, 2013

"Paradise Found"

"Paradise Found"
24" x 24" Oil on Canvas
© Monique Straub
 
Birds of Paradise are gracing the canvas today, and they are found in the landscape just about everywhere you look here in San Diego. I'm occasionally reminded by visitors to our city that tropical things like this are an oddity in some hometowns. Well...they grow like weeds here, and I've had many a personal experience with trying to extract them from the yard, and I can tell you, as beautiful as they are...they are not easily removed!

"Paradise Found" is painted on 1-1/2" depth canvas with sides painted black, ready to hang and enjoy. You may purchase here and have it shipped to your door, or purchase here and pick up at my studio/gallery at Liberty Station, Pt. Loma, and I will refund the shipping. $595 + $40 to ship anywhere in the continental US or Canada. Updated 4/26/14: Sold...to a new local collector! 

No comments: