Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year!

Guests enjoying "Friday Night Liberty" open studios at my studio/gallery
Happy New Year!  At the time of this writing hubby and I are preparing to join friends for a festive dinner and New Year's Eve celebration to ring in 2014.

But first...a bit of reflection on the past year. It's not easy making a living as an artist, and I must tell you how truly thankful I am to have a loving and supportive husband. Not only is he there as my foremost art critic, he is always there for moral support. He is there to haul my show panels up and down the stairs, in and out of my studio several times a year. He is there to set up my show booth, teetering on a tall ladder at o'dark thirty several times per year, and taking it down again after an exhausting weekend of "people overload." He hauls and stacks my artwork in our van...back and forth several times per year...and the list of duties goes on. Never a complaint, just a smile and a nod,  teasingly referring to himself as the "pack mule." I couldn't do it without him!

I could not do it without the kind support of kindred art souls in my Facebook community, sharing thoughts and a pat on the back when things go good, and patiently listening when things don't turn out as well.

But most importantly, I could not be doing what I love to do without you...my wonderful collectors! I thank you all so much for enjoying my work enough to bring it into your homes. Your encouragement and support throughout the years have made all my dreams come true.

Thank you, thank you, thank you...I'll raise a toast to you!

Have a joyous New Year,

Monique Straub

No comments: