Saturday, January 4, 2014

"First Glimpse"


"First Glimpse"
14" x 18"
Framed pastel on sandpaper
© Monique Straub
 
My first painting of the New Year is dedicated to experiencing all things with fresh eyes. I recently read a great inspirational article for artists that focuses attention on the most simple of things. On a recent walk through nature, I practiced this concept on views of the treetops. When back in the studio, it was easy to remember the smell of the air, the sounds of the birds, and the feeling of calm that surrounded me. Oh yes, and plunging my fingers into a new set of pastels just added to the Zen of the moment :)

"First Glimpse" is framed in wide dark brown, plein air style frame with gold liner and UV/non-glare museum glass, ready to hang and enjoy. Buy it now price $525 + $40 to ship anywhere in the continental US or Canada. Happy New Year! Updated 3/5/15: Sold!

No comments: