Saturday, September 6, 2014

"Summer in Sonoma"

"Summer in Sonoma"
14" x 18" Pastel on Sandpaper
© Monique Straub
Always a favorite trip of mine, the Sonoma wine country is an artists delight. The smell of sweet grapes on the vine and warm breezes of summer have me wanting to return again and again. I'm always reminded of my artist friends that paint en plein air (outdoors), and in places like this, it is an enviable pursuit. I rarely take to the outdoors with my work, in part because I never seem to be able to haul enough supplies to make it enjoyable. Lately, spending time painting in my beautiful new air conditioned studio, I'm finding it hard to go home at the end of the day! Big paintings are on the easels, and excitement is in the air :)

"Summer in Sonoma" is offered framed in a wide, brown plein air style frame with gold liner, and UV/non-glare museum glass. Ready to hang and enjoy. You can purchase here and have it shipped to your door, or purchase here and pick up at my Little Italy studio, and I'll refund the shipping cost. $525 + $40 to ship anywhere in the continental US or Canada. Thanks for stopping by! Updated 3/5/15: Sold!

No comments: