Wednesday, October 1, 2014

"Torrey Summer"

"Torrey Summer"
48" x 36" Oil on Canvas
© Monique Straub
While showing my work at local art festivals such as ArtWalk Little Italy and the La Jolla Festival of the Arts, I am always asked about larger works. With plenty of room to move around in my new Little Italy studio, I now have the luxury of space to actually work on two or more of these large paintings at a time. Having just completed this jumbo work in oil, it will be my center piece for the upcoming La Jolla Art & Wine Festival, next weekend, October 11 & 12.

"Torrey Summer" is painted in response to happy times hiking at Torrey Pines, here in San Diego. Painted on 1-1/2" thick gallery wrapped canvas, the sides of this piece are painted black and it is ready to hang, unframed. You may purchase here and have it shipped to your door, or purchase here and pick up at my studio/gallery in Little Italy, and I will refund the shipping. $2495 + $65 to ship anywhere in the continental US or Canada. Updated 10/13/14: Sold at the La Jolla Art & Wine Festival!

No comments: