Sunday, June 19, 2016

"Candy Land"

"Candy Land"
11" x 14" Pastel on Sandpaper
© Monique Straub
Having noticed the recent popularity of the color pink, I just had to try my hand at incorporating it into one of my landscape paintings. For some reason, I never use pink, but after working on this piece, I think I kind of like it! Using a smaller format than I usually work on, the reference photo for this piece was taken in the Central California back country, and I've painted this scene before in various color palettes.

"Candy Land" is painted in soft pastel on sandpaper, offered framed in a dark brown wood, plein air style frame, with UV-non glare museum glass, ready to hang and enjoy. You may purchase here and have it shipped to your door, or purchase here and pick it up at my studio at Art on 30th, and I will refund the shipping. $325 + $40 to ship anywhere in the continental U.S. or Canada.



No comments: